Heating Elements & Accessories
PDV Services is the Canadian sales agent for I Squared R Element Company, manufacturer of silicon carbide (Starbar) and molybdenum disilicide (Moly-D) heating elements.
Starbar® and Moly-D® heating elements are frequently used in the following industries:
- Glass - holding, refining and experimental glass melting
- Ceramics - firing of ferrites, steatites, titanates, tiles, refractories, dinnerware, electrical porcelain, calcining, ores, and powders
- Semi Conductor -- Diffusion and LPCVD furnaces for silicon wafers
- Metallurgical - heat treating, forging, annealing, hardening and deoxidizing, brazing, sintering powdered metal parts, and melting.
- Solar Energy
- Laboratory, Research and Development
- Heating industries with application temperatures over 540°C) (1000°F)
The Starbar heating element has a maximum use temperature of 3100°F (1700°C). The Moly-D element can operate up to an element temperature of 3362°F (1850°C). I Squared R is known for both its consistent high-quality elements and high level of customer satisfaction.
I Squared R offers these services:
- Same day shipments from elements in stock.
- If manufacturing is necessary, one to ten days depending on size and quantity of elements.
- Starbar or Moly-D element recommendation for new or existing furnaces.
The Starbar and Moly-D elements are interchangeable with other manufacturer's elements of the same type, size, and resistance values. The Starbar and Moly-D elements are competitively priced and customer satisfaction is guaranteed.
What We Do Best
Fast Delivery - I Squared R is well known for its fast delivery. Most Starbar® orders consist of custom size elements. They range from 3/8" to 3" in diameter (10 to 75mm) and can have an overall length up to 228 inches (5800mm) long. The manufacturing schedule is flexible so that custom orders can be shipped one to two weeks after receipt of an order, sometimes sooner.
The Moly-D® heating elements are manufactured in five diameters. The cold end is usually twice the diameter of the hot zone. The diameters listed in millimeters are: MD 3/6, MD 4/9, MD 6/12, MD 9/18 and MD 12/24. Small quantity orders can be manufactured and shipped 1 to 2 days after receipt of the order. Large quantity orders can be shipped in 1 to 2 weeks or sooner in emergencies.
High Quality - Starbar® and Moly-D® heating elements are manufactured to industry established resistant values and sizes. All heating elements are 100% inspected prior to shipping to insure proper physical and electrical characteristics. Starbar heating elements are calibrated at 1960°F (1070°C).
Customer Service - Friendly and professional customer service representatives are always attentive to customer's needs. Someone is available to take orders, expedite orders, and answer questions about the product. There is no waiting or voice mail during business hours.
Technical Support - An engineer is readily available to help the customer select the best element for his application or discuss furnace problems. A free service is offered for furnace design with heating element recommendations, element spacing, and electrical schematics.